Saturday, February 28, 2009

March Madness


As we move into another month I continue to reflect on the events that have taken place recently for us. Joseph is weaning onto a new epilepsy medication because "we think" that the old one was dropping his white blood cell count. Well, now hopefully that won't be a problem but the side effect of this lovely medication is irritability and hostility, which we are observing in abundance. This was our child that was lost if you weren't sure to pay attention to him. Now his presence is very alive and up front in our home. We've considered not medicating at all because we feel that his monstrous medications are taking away our sweet boy.
Ian is being evaluated for his apparent inability to gain weight. He is 6 years old, and weighs in at a hefty 34lbs. We have tried every gain weight trick in the book, and yet in three years he has gained nothing. His pediatrician is ordering blood tests to determine if its an organic problem vs. a retarded mother who can fatten up Ian's little 3 year old sister to 43 lbs. but can't figure out how to make him gain weight.
We sold our home (we carry the note on it) in Stansbury Park to an acquaintence who has defaulted on the loan, and we are in the process of avoiding foreclosure, and not doing so hot with that I might add.
I took a test in Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology which covered a lifetime of information in a two week period, and only took it because I was sick of thinking about it, and passed (barely) but will still hopefully squeeze an A out of that class.
Our insurance provider decided that my midwife is "NON-Preferred" which means about $1400.00 out of pocket for the birth I want (not in a hospital). Yeah....
Am I evoking any pity yet, its what I'm going for here.
Oh, we are having an amniocentesis on the 10th of March for diagnosis or hopefully lack thereof of the baby. It will also be our first level II ultrasound. I am terrified as the reality is inescapable.
I think I'm handling things ok....considering, and know the Lord has more to do with that then I even realize.
Overall a really peaceful weekend day with the kids. Tony is at a shooting competition, and I am grateful for my many blessings and realize I have always become a better person because of my trials not despite them.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love you. Hope you can figure something out for Joseph and Iain.