Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wrapped in Love



I wanted to send out an update to all of my friends and family and those they are willing to share this with. I am still working on refining Wrapped in Love. It has been difficult to work on it with my school schedule and health concerns with Joseph, Ian and our pregnancy. I will be on break from school between March 26th and April 6th. At that time Tony and I will design the "official" webpage, and set up our non-profit status.
I encourage all of those that would like to participate to please send your donations in so I receive them by June 10th. If you desire to make colored blankets please ensure that they are LIGHT pink or baby blue and funeral appropriate (please no Disney characters...etc). I realize this is nitpicky but this means so much to me and I want families to receive what I would have wanted my baby to be wrapped in. Any donation is appreciated, just please do not send used items. I need the initial donation ready by June 10th, so please have everything to me by then. Your future donations towards this will be tax deductible, and I apologize for the delay in making that possible now. Some have asked if this is a one time project, it is not a one time project, this will be a formal organization and be on-going.

Some of you have asked what the real need is for this type of service. I spoke to Carolyn Kasteleter from Angel Watch here in Salt Lake City. She is the director, and Angel Watch is a prenatal hospice program. She said that these items are much needed as a majority of Angel Watch's clients are low-income and at times cannot even afford a funeral and must have their sweet babies cremated. I cannot imagine Tony and I being forced into that position with TJ.

Please make the time to donate. Do not overburden yourselves with feelings of obligation, it is a personal decision and again any donation, even a one time donation is greatly appreciated and makes such an impact on families in despair. Please decide how frequently you would like to give; once a year on TJ's birthday, June 13th, I will personally visit the University of Utah Hospital NICU and donate items to them on TJ's behalf. We will be handing all other donations over to Angel Watch so that they can disperse these items as they feel they are needed and wanted.

Please feel free to include your name, address, and a personal note to the recipients when you send in donations so that the couple can thank you when they are ready. They will want to thank you. This is only a suggestion, and I understand that receiving recognition is not your motivation, but it helps the parents to heal.

I love you all, and invite you to share this idea with your humanitarian clubs and organizations. I can design a flyer that you can make available to anyone you would like to share this idea with, just let me know in advance, preferably a week or so.

Word of mouth is the best predictor of success. I will email you all once a month or so as a reminder. Again, this is not to make you feel pressured or guilty, but I am all too aware of how busy our lives become, and want to give out gentle nudges in the right direction every so often. Also, once our webpage is up and running please add us to your bookmarks, or favorites so we are easy to find.

Please help us to be a healing balm to these families in need.

Please feel free to look up Angel Watch, and speak with Carolyn to see if she has other needs. They are located at IMC hospital, their number is (801)698-4486. Please feel free to give people my email address so that they can contact me with questions/concerns.

Also, here is a list of prenatal hospice organizations nationwide if you would like to become involved more locally. http://www.perinatalhospice.org/Perinatal_hospices.html





Suggestions for flyer handouts:

Yarn and craft stores

Humanitarian meetings

Social group gatherings



Please ship all donations to

Wrapped in Love

c/o Jennifer Kuhlmann

9312 Red Haven Drive

Sandy, Utah 84094



With all our love,

Tony and Jennifer Kuhlmann

No comments: