Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bloody Hell!!





It's probably my favorite thing that Ron Weasley says in Harry Potter films. He says it repeatedly, and with such passion!

I just re-read my last two posts and wow, what DOWNERS!!!


My life really is not as dismal as the portrait of it would have you believe. I love my job, I mean, I get to deliver babies. I love my new friends in my new town. I love my family, and my kids are so great.


I'm a little obsessed with my health right now. I ignored symptoms for years, and now I think about it.....a lot.


So, had vein procedure done on Friday morning. Yeah, that hurt, surprisingly, since they told me it was no big deal and wouldn't hurt in the least. Lots of bruising, which surprised my doctor. Hello! you poked me like a pin cushion, what did you expect?! And then, there are the oh so attractive compression stockings which take an act of GOD to get over my ankle and up my thigh. They also cause this nice indentation where they cut off the circulation at the top, and cause a really attractive butt flap. No really, you should invest. Maybe I need to consider doing more squats? I may, or may not have screamed some profanities at them, and told them if they told me "last poke" one more time I would punch one of them in the face. Then, there's the 4x4in. numb square where they punctured my leg to place the cautery wire. They promise it will go away.....eventually.


My new dose of Gabapentin has decreased the burning in my feet...YAY! Unfortunately, I grew a new symptom this week, now I get goosebumps in patches on my skin in random places all over, and  more so when I'm working out. So it's this paradoxical sensation of feeling goosebumps spring up when you are pouring sweat from an intense work-out.


I decided to research my interesting new sensation, and it crops up from the autonomic nervous system. Basically, the gist of it is there are probably lesions in my spine. I can make it happen too. Tonight I ran three fingers up my legs, and a trail of gooseflesh followed them like ducklings following mother duck. SO WEIRD, and kinda cool, in a mad scientist, guinea pig kind of way.


I should really consider sleep


Jenn

No comments: